- No Dogs allowed ( if you turn up with a dog you will be told to leave instantly)
- Maximum of 4 anglers.
- We supply our own unhooking cradles,Sling/Retainer, for use on the lake.(free of charge)
- Any equipment that goes in the lake must be Antiseptic Dipped for 20 Minutes.
- Every Angler must have a Carp Care Kit. (carp Aid/Antiseptic)
- Please use Carp Aid/Antiseptic on hook after every catch. (we supply on each swim)
- Always use Carp Cradles and unhooking matts.
- 3 rods per Angler maximum.
- Fish must be returned as quickly as possible.
- Buckets of water must be used on fish in cradles.
- No unattended rods.
- Bivves must be erected on gravel swims if possible.
- Minimum 15lb mainline.
- No branded main line, except on spod or marker rods.
- No leadcore or leaders of any kind.
- Rig tubing must be used. (minimum of 400mm but would prefer it to be longer) We recommend using Rig Marole Freefall Braided Tubing. Ultra-heavy and very easy to thread.
- Micro barbed or barbless hooks only. No ‘bent’ or patterned or long shank hooks.
- No knots, swivels, quick links or split shot above the lead.
- No fixed rigs of any kind.
- Safe rigs only(if unsure, please ask, as rig checks will be made during your stay)
- No sacking fish.
- No standing with fish for photos.
- No nuts of any kind.
- Please use freezer boilies only.
- No hard boilies of any kind.
- Leads to be lightly fixed to allow easy removal when playing fish.
- Bait boats are permitted.
- Alcohol to be consumed sensibly.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol is frowned upon for the safety of both fish and angles.
- Anyone considered unfit to fish will be asked to leave.
- Row boat only to be used for snagged fish, life jacket must be worn.
- Please use recycle bins and waste bins supplied in the Gite.( if you are staying in the Gite)
- All rubbish must be bagged and taken with you.
- The only toilet to be used is in your Gîte.
- Please do not use round the lake as your toilet.
- Loud music or Fires are not permitted.
- BBQ round the lake must be above ground. (Owner will organise BBQ’s with you at the lake if you require)
We give our consent for any photos to be used for publicity for La Froterie.
We ask you to read and observe these basic fish handling rules. The reasons for these rules are to make sure our fish are well looked after and kept in mint condition.
We will supply buckets of water, for when you are lifting your fish onto the unhooking matt, so you have your water ready to wet the hooking matt, please have iodine, weighing scales and cameras ready. Please be extra careful if the weather is warm or hot.
Please enjoy your carp fishing, take lots of pictures and keep the fish out of the water for a minimum time possible. Be sure to carefully revive in the water before you release.
We thank you so much for abiding by these rules and hope you enjoy your fishing experience at La Froterie.
Heath & Lisa